Monday, December 20, 2010

Let's Practice Poetry

Okay, so I originally created this to share my love of photography, but recently i've been going through some stuff and began writing poetry as a way to express my feelings. So I decided to share it and receive some feedback. Now i'm only an amateur (obviously) so negative and positive criticism is welcomed. I'll probably be posting one a day or a few a week, but either way i'll be posting, whether it photo's, poetry, or just anything else that pops into my head. But I would like to be able to interact with the readers(whenever I get some) so i'll also be discussing things that can actually be talked about. For now i'm going to start off with my poems. Now basically I just write whatever I am feeling or thinking at the moment, it is nowhere near perfect, never intended to be. But like I said, opinions are welcomed, so have a nice day and a great winter vacation. :)


Heal
Her smile is fake.
Her tears are real.
Her pillow is wet,
And her wounds are not yet healed.
Lift her soul, carry her burden.
Dig her out of this hole,
Be there to console.
Don’t leave her alone, she will crumble.
Her world will fall apart.
Don’t sit there and watch the walls tumble.

She holds it in, she breathes in deeply.
These secrets kill, they taunt, mess with the head.
A danger to herself and all around, she surrounds herself with darkness,
Knowing living in the darkness is wrong she searches for the light.
‘I can’t let this darkness consume me.’ She says.
I must be stronger.
Must fight till the death.

Though she’s strong she thinks she’s weak.
Her heartbeat falters and her tears stream.

This poem is actually one poem combined with parts from other poems I wrote. My friend plays the guitar and I figured since all of the poems had to do with the same thing this would make a good song. So I asked him if he could work with me to turn it into one. We're not quite done yet but this is what I have so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones